Have your own little taste of Scotland at home with this easy to use curry pie kit! Complete with pastry shells & lids, seasoning and instructions.
These can be made using any meat or filling of your choice, you make the rules!
*please note - the pie shells & lids must be refrigerated / frozen on arrival*
1kg Diced meat of your choice (Mutton, Lamb, Pork, Beef, Turkey or Chicken)
110g Tongmaster’s own Curry mix
1 Large Onion Diced (optional)
568ml/1 pint Water
12 Scotch pie shells
12 Scotch pie lids
Method: 1. Place curry sauce mix and water into a saucepan.
2. Stir until mixture is combined.
3. Bring to the boil and stir continuously.
4. Place the pre-cooked meat (and onions) into the curry, stir and cook for 1 minute.
5. Leave the mixture to cool to room temperature before filling into pie shells.
6. Preheat oven to 220°C, 430°F, Gas mark 7
7. Give the mixture one last stir (if the mixture has a thick consistency add more water) then fill your Pie shells to just over half-way, using up all the mixture.
8. Place the shells on a baking tray, ready for lidding.
9. Lid the shells: quickly submerge each lid in water and place on top of the mixture in the shells.
10. Nip the lids against the inside of the shells, just under the rim all the way around – this ensures that the mixture in the shells remains moist and that the lid will stay in place during cooking.
11. Ensure that the pies are not touching each other on the baking tray, and then place them in the oven on the middle shelf.
12. Cook for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
" So happy with our delivery yesterday ... Scotch pies and Stew pies ... Two trays for the freezer , how there's any left I don't know ..... "
(Jackie Brown on Facebook)
"Thanks to Tongmaster Seasonings for making my pie-making dream come true"
(Robin James Hurt on Facebook)
<-- 12 x curry pie kit
Contains 12 x pie shells, 12 x pie ;lids, 1 x 100g chinese curry seasoning & full instructions.
<-- 24 x curry pie kit
Contains 24 x pie shells, 24 x pie lids, 2 x 100g chinese curry seasoning & full instructions.