Have your own little taste of Scotland at home with this easy to use stew pie kit! Complete with pastry shells & lids, seasoning and instructions.
A tasty twist on a scotch pie packed with meat & gravy.
A bitesize version of your favourite treat, perfect for buffets & parties!
*please note - the pie shells & lids must be refrigerated / frozen on arrival*
• 1kg Diced meat of your choice (Mutton, Lamb, Pork, Beef, Turkey or Chicken)
• 100g Tongmaster’s own Steak pie gravy mix
• 900ml Water
• 24 Scotch pie shells
• 24 Scotch pie lids
Method: 1. Add 100g of Stew pie gravy to 100ml of cold water and blend to a paste.
2. Add paste to the rest of the water and bring to the boil.
3. Place the pre-cooked meat into the gravy and bring to the boil.
4. Allow the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Leave the mixture to cool to room temperature before filling into pie shells.
6. Preheat oven to 220°C, 430°F, Gas mark 7
7. Give the mixture one last stir (if the mixture has a thick consistency add more water) then fill your Pie shells to just over half-way, using up all the mixture.
8. Place the shells on a baking tray, ready for lidding.
9. Lid the shells: quickly submerge each lid in water and place on top of the mixture in the shells.
10. Nip the lids against the inside of the shells, just under the rim all the way around – this ensures that the mixture in the shells remains moist and that the lid will stay in place during cooking.
11. Ensure that the pies are not touching each other on the baking tray, and then place them in the oven on the middle shelf.
12. Cook for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
" So happy with our delivery yesterday ... Scotch pies and Stew pies ... Two trays for the freezer , how there's any left I don't know ..... "
(Jackie Brown on Facebook)
"Thanks to Tongmaster Seasonings for making my pie-making dream come true"
(Robin James Hurt on Facebook)
<-- 24 x mini stew pie kit
Contains 24 x mini pie shells, 24 x mini pie lids, 1 x 100g gravy seasoning & full instructions.